KINGSTONE Investment Management, a company jointly owned by KINGSTONE Capital Partners and Pegasus Capital Partners, is an investment management platform for German and international institutional capital, offering a broad range of products and a holistic investment approach. As an investment boutique managed by the Schomberg family, we bring together the combined investment experience of two generations, the proven track record of our shareholding parent companies and management team, and an extensive network of regional, national and international contacts to serve our investing clients. Firmly committed to the family’s tradition, we are guided by the fundamental values for which the Schomberg name has long stood: mutual trust built upon transparent processes, honesty, reliability and respectful, professional cooperation. KINGSTONE Investment Management uniquely combines proximity to real estate opportunities with the personal contacts of our senior management among German and international investors, as well as access to a first-class real estate pipeline, in particular through our strategic shareholder Pegasus Capital Partners. Through this combination, we are able to offer our investors high-quality investment products and comprehensive services spanning the entire value chain of investment management.
The company is supported by senior management Tim Schomberg and Bärbel Schomberg as managing partners and Philipp Schomberg as executive partner. The individual professional and entrepreneurial careers stand for an unusual proximity to the real estate, a close interlocking with all important actors of the German real estate market as well as an excellent access to the international investor community.
Dr. Tim Schomberg
Tim Schomberg, a real estate lawyer by training (PhD on REITs), has been active in real estate asset management, investment management and the capital raising sector for roughly seven years. Prior to founding Kingstone, Tim served as Head of Business Development Institutionals at Catella Real Estate in Munich engaging with investor relations and capital raising. He was also the representative of Catella at various lobbying groups of the German real estate industry. Tim has profound access to large institutional investors and key decision makers in Germany.
- Head of Business Development Institutionals at Catella Real Estate, Munich
- Fund Manager of a German Property Fund at Catella (Volume: > 330m Euro)
- Transaction and Asset Management at Catella
Selected Board Memberships
- Chair Young Leaders Germany of The Urban Land Institute Germany, Frankfurt (2013 – 2018)
- Member of Property Committee at the Economic Advisory Board of Bavaria, Munich
Philipp Schomberg (BA, MSc)
Philipp Schomberg has been active in real estate banking, asset management and investment management for almost 10 years. During his career he has executed on multi-billion EUR real estate investments / developments across Europe and all asset classes. While having a pan-European investment background, Philipp has always been very much focused on the German real estate market. He initiated and executed several Joint Venture and Co-Investment strategies in Germany – including retail, light industrial, residential and office investments.
- Abu Dhabi Investment Council (SWF of Emirate Abu Dhabi), European Real Estate Department
- PGIM (Ex Pramerica), Merchant Banking / Opportunistic Funds Group, London
- HELABA, Real Estate Banking, London
- Investments: Shopping Center Zürich, Residential Development Stockholm/London, Residential Portfolios UK/NL/GER, Industrial Portfolios GER/UK, Mixed Portfolio PL/CZ, Office Portfolio UK/FR/GER, Hotel Portfolio UK
- JV Partner: Blackstone, Starwood Capital, VALAD, Round Hill, Aurelis, London Metric, Terra Firma
Bärbel Schomberg (FRICS)
Bärbel Schomberg has served on several real estate advisory boards and has held senior positions in leading real estate interest groups:
- Deputy President, ZIA (German Property Association), Berlin
- Head of the Supervisory Board, Hamborner REIT AG, Duisburg
- Member of the Supervisory Board, DeWert Deutsche Wertinvestment GmbH (Hahn Group), Bergisch Gladbach
- Member of the Sustainability Board, ECE Projektmanagement GmbH & Co. KG, Hamburg
- Deputy CEO, ICG (Corporate Governance Initiative of the German Real Estate Industry), Berlin (2000 – 2015)
- Member of the Independent Advisory Board of Cityhold Property AB (Swedish Pension Fund AP 1/ AP 2), (2011-2015)
- Member of the Board, BVI (German Investment Fund and Asset Management Association), Frankfurt (2004 – 2006)
„The German real estate market is still regarded as a ‘safe haven’, particularly among international investors. In these times of increased demand for real estate investments, reliable access to product is essential, and this represents a key selling point. KINGSTONE gives investors highly trusted, professional and secure access to world-class real estate investments and asset management. With their know-how and network, this is precisely what the Schomberg family stands for.“
Dr. Matthias Hubert, Managing Partner Pegasus Capital Partners
Our Advisory Board provides strategic advice to the management and is composed of highly regarded as well as widely-known personalities from the real estate industry. With the broad expertise, comprehensive network and long-standing experience of each individual member, the Board advises and supports the executive management of KINGSTONE IM particularly in matters of strategic development and sustainable business expansion.
All members of our Advisory Board have a long standing track record in the real estate industry and maintain a close and trusting relationship to the shareholders and the management of KINGSTONE IM.
Dr. Eckart John von Freyend
Chairman of the Advisory Board
among other functions: Honorary President of The German Property Federation (ZIA) / Honorary President of the German Economic Institute / Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Hahn AG / former Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Hamborner REIT AG / former CEO of IVG Immobilien AG
Head of Real Estate and Investments, Deutsche Rueckversicherung Aktiengesellschaft and Association of Public Sector Insurers, Duesseldorf
Dr. Carsten Loll
Lawyer and Partner at Linklaters LLP, Frankfurt / Munich
Andreas von Buttlar
Serving in various senior positions for notable family offices and wealth managers (such as Flossbach von Storch AG)
Senior Independent Advisor and former Head of European Real Estate at Abu Dhabi Investment Council (SWF of Abu Dhabi)